Quote of the Blog


Friday, February 5, 2010

Half Way Done!

My high dose chemo treatments are half way done today! The weekends are good because they take the needles out of my port and I can shower without taping plastic bags over the site and I don't have to be as careful when I tussle with the kids.

About 20-30% of people taking my chemo get mild to moderate depression. The doctor decided this past Monday that I was one of those because I was bluesy and sleeping a ton. He said "up" people like me don't get "depressed" they get "tired." So we got started on an anti-depressant on Tuesday and today, Friday, all I can say is "WOW!" And I mean, "WOW!" Talk about being chemically altered! It's certainly doing it's job but I wouldn't want to be on these long term. It's weird.

That's all really. Just wanted to celebrate being 1/2 way done with the high dose portion of the chemo and wanted everyone to know that happy pills are amazingly powerful!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Half full" is good!!


Yes!!!!

Love ya!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Keri! Keep On Keepin On!

Kira Oreol said...

Interferon - thousands of dollars.
Happy pills - twenty dollars.
Happy, healthy Keri - priceless.

Love you!!!!