Quote of the Blog


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

This past weekend brought a turn for the worse for Keri. The runs, vomiting, and the like. Nothing like puking in a trash can while your mom drives through the rain to your next chemo treatment. Seriously Uhg!

So now I live on anti-nausea drugs and sleep even more. I get occasional shots to make my bones make more white blood cells because the counts are too low. They also gave me some meds for thrush in my digestive track because the chemo killed all my natural bacteria. And I'm also going in earlier so I can get IV treatments of phosphorus to prevent my heart from cramping (not that it has yet, but we don't want it to happen).

So things are getting bad but they are able to treat it all so far. Only 7 more high dose treatments!

Rhys is now getting up on his knees and rocking back and forth all on is own. He should be crawling in no time. Yikes!

Also, Neal just asked Rhys if he pooed because Rhys smelt unpleasant and Neal used the "dip stick" method to find out. Of course this did not fair well for Neal's finger. I thought that was funny. Better yet are the "OH MY GOSH!" and gag noises coming from Rhys' nursery now. He he he!

3 comments:

Neal said...

I didnt use the dip stick method, i just reached in to lift his diaper but before I got there, his pants and back told me everything I needed to know.

Kristie K. said...

Sorry things are so hard. I love you. And i am glad neal is changing the diaper.

Grady once saw someone do that "checking" method in priesthood. He watched and learned.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

I started the post horrified, and ended it laughing out loud. I am so sorry for the yuckiness-- Can I just say that when I had 24 hour stomach flu I cried every time I went to vomit? You, my friend, are so tough and you deserve all your dreams to come true and ten million dollars. But, Rhys's diaper story was truly funny. Those babies of yours are so darn cute!