Quote of the Blog


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

7 Down, 13 to Go!

I have been very lucky to not have all the crappy side effects this chemo can give me but I must say I am still of the opinion that chemo sucks! SO TIRED all the time and as of the weekend, mild nausea and a lovely metal taste in my mouth that won't leave. I am so glad my mom is taking care of the house and kids and that Neal is working so we can have his blessed medical insurance.

Monday was a particularly hard day, emotionally. Nurses took good care of me though and today they introduced me to two others that are in the bunch doing the same treatment right now and we all started on the same day so we are counting down together!

Today was much better. Talked to the other two patients, enjoyed the nurse's humor, and read through my little book of happy thoughts that was put together for me and it worked like a charm!

Thanks for the cards I am getting too! It's a nice pick-me-up!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

We love you bunches, Keri. You can do it!

Heidi said...

Keri. Thank you for keeping this blog. I love it and I am amazed at your strength and your ability to look at the bright side of things. You are such a happy, positive person and I miss you being around you!

Aimee said...

Great to hear updates, we are praying for you!

Brenda said...

Keri, just wanted you to know that our little Cami never lets us forget to pray for you! She always tells me that she prayed for you in her personal prayers as well. I hope you can feel the strength from all the people praying for you. <3 ya~