Quote of the Blog


Saturday, July 7, 2018

July 7

Today was all about high adventure! Morning time was zipline and ropes course and afternoon was our kids' first go at white water rafting, sticking with class III.








The zipline was fun! We talked about everything but what to do when done so I panicked a bit there but soon figured it out since their wasn't time to do anything else. This was the kids favorite part of the morning. The ropes course was next and that was my favorite part because it was so very challenging. The kids did not like it because it was scary but I am glad we had solid guides that really helped with pointers and assistance when Rhys needed more reassurance.
One of my favorites because we're all together and doing something new and exciting

Rhys was a go-getter and was our leader on this very challenging section









Oh, that face! I was so proud of him.


A few calming deep breaths



 Our family nailed it!  After this, both kids attempted to climb a rock wall but I was done. Sophie did good and Rhys made it to the top.

After lunch, we were excited to raft and this was the kids favorite activity and they want to do it again!



Look at my kids' faces!




It was really gorgeous. We were enjoying ourselves on the river and we had a good guide. She'd let the kids and I jump out into the water for short stretches whenever she could and let the kids ride on the nose during smaller rapids. We made sure to look up and view the beautiful canyon walls around us. We saw a deer on the train tracks that follow the river (alive and well), caves in the walls, and passed a natural sulfur smelling spring. My kids want more rapids so I think we will try and make that happen again before they leave us.

No comments: