Quote of the Blog


Friday, July 20, 2018

July 18-20

July 18
The whole family took off to Mt. St. Helen. Dad had found a road he really liked than what we had done years prior so we went for it.

We stopped at Iron Creek Falls and many overlooks. Then at the end we hiked up 438 steps to Windy Point to get a good view of Spirit Lake and Mt. St. Helens.

























A long day and a lot of driving but a good time switching between cars and walking out to special points.

July 19
Today we spent with Mom and Dad because Jolene had to take Shawn to a doctor's appointment in Seattle. I spent the morning going over family pictures on the Percy side with Dad. I had asked him to see what he could find and I was a bit surprised when he actually had done some going through and scanning so they could be digitalized. I was very thankful. I got a good picture of Sandy, my aunt, too. It is as I remember her most.


While we did that, my mom helped the kids decorate rocks to be hidden and swapped in her nearby forest. They went for the walk and returned with some neat creatures someone had created from shells and moss. Then we were off to the bug museum which we had 10 minutes to look through before the closed and admittedly, that was adequate. Then mom took me to a well known place for bald eagle spotting and we spotted a total of zero.





Back at Jolene's we spent time enjoying each other. She played the piano for me which is a skill she's picked up in the last few years. She did a pretty good job of playing "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins.


July 20
Today we said goodbye to my family and hello to Neal as we left Washington and returned to SLC to meet with Neal how landed 20 minutes before us. We joined the Knudsen's again.






No comments: