Quote of the Blog


Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Transitioning

I have loved my time with my children as a stay at home mom of infant and preschool age children. It has been grueling at times; pure joy at others. Everyone tells you to enjoy the ride because you will miss those years (this goes for each stage of parenting). I have decided to embrace my children moving on to public school.  Yes, both are going to full day school this year and I will find myself in some new circumstances.  I will miss buddying around with my kids, most recently Rhys, as I run errands, and the ever present noise in the house.  But I have decided to celebrate their next step, as well, as a new era for me. I really feel I put everything I had into those first few years for my kids.  Did I do it perfectly? No way!  I accept I am mortal.  I have learned a lot about myself as I develop as a parent/adult.  The kids have come along nicely too.  Looking forward to enjoying what this new chapter brings.

No comments: