Quote of the Blog


Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of School for Mommy

Knowing I would want to seek out the fun of this transition of both kids going off to school, I planned a party. What better way to start the day than to drop off the kids, and invite a bunch of awesome women over for donuts and milk to celebrate!  I opened the playroom to their youngest children and we all chatted and enjoyed a good sugar rush!
Relax and Grin, School is IN! Don't mind the weeds.

Anjuli Hancock, Annie Kenworthy, Melonie Florcik, myself, Tracie Goodworth, Kate McCrea, Tresa Frost, Cherri Hardcastle, Maria Schulz, Crystal Hill, Crystal Mattson, not pictured: Kari Garvin, Carrie Sue Isom, Laurie Gregg, Ashli Brown, Kimberly Wilson

One mommy said, "Don't you feel sad at all?" Yep. Holding my husband's hand on the way home from a date, I got teary last Friday night. "I'm going to miss our babies."  What else can you do or say.  I just told my fellow mommy that I was allowing myself to feel the whole span of emotions.

The rejoicing party went really well.  There was a good showing. I got to circle around and talk with everyone. And the little ones did a great job playing nice.  After sweeping up the doughnut glaze flakes, I was off for some "me" time. 
Pretty piggies! I even splurged and got the design. An excellent way to launch into the school year!  Now the laundry...

No comments: