Quote of the Blog


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

What a great Mother's Day!  The night before, Sophie and Rhys came in to the office, beaming and giddy, announcing that they were stealing me away.  Sophie went with the cover that we were going to the mall so I could watch them play, but lo and behold, we ended up at my favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner--so yummy! Zen Chow makes a Honey Mayo Walnut Chicken that is to die for.

In the morning, I was presented with cards and gifts while my dear husband made whole wheat pecan waffles, my only request.  I was gifted two euro pillows (big squares) for the shams for our new comforter set and See's candies! Score for my sweetie!  See the euro pillows in the back?! Yes, this is where all the magic happens and that is all I will say about that.  And yes, we really do like the crazy pattern on our comforter.  Neal wanted to keep it real so he flung a pair of shorts on the shockingly made bed as to give an inkling of the everyday clutter we live in.  Way to work the details, babe!

Sophie presented me with a book all about Mommy.  In it she stated that I was 19 years old and 12 pounds.  See, she really is brilliant!  And that she loves me because I kiss, hug, and play with her.  Strangely, there was nothing about the vast amounts of wisdom I impart to her....hmm. Anyway, the waffles rocked and we were off to church for a great service.

The youth (ages 12-17) took over the teaching of the children (ages 18 months - 11 years) so I did not need to prepare or teach a lesson this week.  Instead, I got to join the other fine women of our church for a sweet presentation from our bishop who spoke on building sisterhood and marriage with some great quotes--all while baskets of chocolate candies were passed around repeatedly.  Smart man to teach with the Spirit and chocolate.
Spent the afternoon hanging out with my family and feeling blessed!  Not too shabby. A big heartfelt thank you to my own dear mother and to the numerous talented, faithful, and courageous women that I get to rub shoulders with in this life.

2 comments:

hankharty said...

Ditto!

Great post, sweet friend.

Cindy H

Crystal said...

I love your bedding.