Quote of the Blog


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off to Work I Go

While the kids were in preschool today, I snuck off to an interview at our local school district and landed a job! 

I will be signing on as a contract speech-language pathologist for the 2012-2013 school year.  I wanted something I could do while the kids were in preschool, that I could turn down if it didn't fit in my family's schedule, and that would really interest me.   I told them I was primarily interested in assessing kids preschool age to elementary age and they said they would have use for me to do just that. 

The interview was a comfortable experience and I look forward to receiving a contract in mid-July.  Although Neal continues to be a fully competent provider for our family, I feel this will be a good way to keep my skills up, keep me marketable, and help with income while still being flexible for our young family.

I am grateful for the opportunity I had to receive a worth-while education.  It has been a real blessing to me and my family through the years.  Thanks mom for treating me to a career outfit for the occasion!

1 comment:

Carrie L said...

Woohoo Keri! You will be awesome!