Quote of the Blog


Thursday, February 6, 2014

Making an Impact!

You know that new minivan we haven't had even a year yet? Yep. That's what happens to it when you are sliding on ice into an intersection with flowing cross traffic.  I trying all I can do to stop, thinking I've got my son in the back, and just waiting for the impact of the moving cross traffic.  Scary! We spun around and up on the side walk, nearly up on the flower bed of our local animal shelter.  The car that mercifully hit my nose, rather than T-boning us was occupied by a mother and her daughter, probably age 10.  No one hurt, just sore.  All their airbags went off, not one of mine.

After I got my bearings I got out and opened the sliding door to check my son who was asking me what happened.  He only started to cry when he found out we were not making it to our destination, his preschool, which needless to say, he adores.  Witnesses stopped and checked on us and the occupants of the other car that had stopped a ways off.  Then sirens and lights and questions and phone calls and paperwork and darn it was cold out, with a wind chill of 4 degrees.

Neal came and took over phone calls and got me home and then with his dad, went to go get my rental car.  Get this! Rudy, Neal's dad, in the rental car, rear ended Neal on the way back to our house!  Just a scratch that can be detailed out. Ice is crazy, people!

Although I am mourning the loss of my minivan's nose and know it will take a good long while to fix, I feel very blessed! I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father for protecting us and the others during the crash and making sure we had help. I'm thankful for people who care enough to stop, for emergency personnel that checked on us and moved things forward while keeping everyone calm. I'm thankful for family and friends that helped me out during a stressful time.  And I am thankful for being able to afford insurance.

No comments: