Quote of the Blog


Thursday, June 6, 2013

Going Out with Style!

The school year is over!  What a terrific year for our kids. We are so proud of their efforts and progress.  We just had to make their end of the school year special.  They woke up to decorated chairs at the breakfast table. 

Did I mention that if I put sprinkles on any breakfast, it becomes a special way to start the day.  Really, oatmeal is a total treat with a bit of sprinkles. Anyhow, we left for school with our windows declaring our praises of summer break.

Except, well, it was raining.  And it continued to do so whenever I had to transport the kids.  Good thing I got pictures the night before because by the time school let out, we were riding around in a patriotic minivan--all white with red and blue streaks down both sides and the back!

Sophie enjoyed her picnic sack lunch inside due to the rain and Rhys scored with a pizza party for lunch at preschool.
The kids both enjoyed ice cream parties to celebrate the last day of school. 



That sugar rush gets a big thumbs up!

Also, to celebrate, the kindergartners had their one and only awards assembly.  Kids got awards like "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice" for being friendly, "Lego Master", and "Walking Encyclopedia".  Sophie received the "Free Spirit" award because she's awesome like that!

On our way home, I told the kids I had a fun activity planned, as the sun began to peek out intermittently.  Upon arriving home we were greeted by a "Welcome Summer" banner on the garage door.  They loved that. I kept the car out on the driveway and we got going on my impromptu "planned" activity for the kids.  We got our swimming suits on and...wait for it...washed the car! I know, crazy!  Okay, practical and resourceful but don't tell. They were so happy!  I know that this is because they're preschoolers and not teenagers, but I'll take it. All had a blast, the car was clean, and my husband couldn't say "I told you so" regarding the window paint he was not to keen on.  Win-win-win!
When Neal got home we enjoyed dinner on the back porch and then we were off to Braum's for ice cream sundaes.  I know, you are thinking, "Again!" Sure I played it off, but this trip was for mama!  It was so delicious!  Neal told me it would be inappropriate for me to hug the guy who made my sundae (but you know who you are, amazing builder of ice cream bliss).

Again so happy for my kids!  Happy and scared to have them back for the summer. Let's see what kind of mischief we can get ourselves into!

No comments: