Quote of the Blog


Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Weekend at Bonham

Josh came over to inspect the work we needed done on our porch due to a leak and saw I was painting the coop. He asked what kind of chickens I wanted. I asked if he had any, to which he said about 40 and goats and pigs. I asked where he lived and he said Bonham. I said that we were planning to camp there at the state park that weekend. He said we should come out and see the farm. We said yes. Thank you Hopewell family!

 










The rest of the weekend we spent hiking trails, wading in the lake, swinging on swings, spotting a barred owl and snakes, reading Tuck Everlasting by the fireside, eating s'mores, and enjoying each other. There was this cardinal that was absolutely obsessed with fighting it's reflection in everyone's review mirrors. I woke up to him bashing himself into ours the first morning--poor, stupid bloke. The redbud was bursting everywhere. So pretty!















No comments: