Quote of the Blog


Thursday, April 12, 2018

STAAR Testing - Our Nemesis

I hate that teachers feel forced to teach to this test and I am not quiet about my opinions on that. I do not get nasty about it to my kids because it would devalue the hard work they put in every day to get by. 

This is what my kids get:
 This is what I rant on Facebook:
"Because you cannot reduce the awesomeness of human learning and experience to a set of numbers. Because standardized tests do not value the creativity, diversity, and actual abilities of our kids OR their teachers."

Again, what my kids get:
What I rant: 
"Because "standardized tests exist for administrative, political, and financial purposes, not for educational ones....Everyone benefits except the children. For them, standardized testing is worthless..." - Thomas Armstrong"

By the way, I have teachers "liking" these like crazy.

No comments: