Quote of the Blog


Saturday, August 12, 2017

More Summer Fun

Library shows, water balloon fights, summer reading program rewards, swim park, Allen Eagle Marchathon! I wish I had pictures of my oh so brave kids at the swim park but I only got video of them jumping off a 10-12 ft platform into the pool below. They went multiple times! Me too! They also attempted boogie boarding on the "flowrider" and tried climbing a rock wall to jump into the water. Two water slides too! So much fun!





I should mention it wasn't all fun. This summer I required a lot from our kids by way of chores. It nearly killed us all at the beginning of the summer--the kids for having to learn and complete chores and me for having to listen to all the belly aching about it, reteaching, and learning to accept effort instead of perfection.  By the end of the summer, they could finish their chores quite quickly and learned how to clean a cat liter box and clean a bathroom top to bottom.  I am really proud of them learning these skills that will bless them and their family. We also did a pretty decent job with reading, writing, and math. Keyboarding skills never really got addressed but somethings gotta give sometimes.

No comments: