Quote of the Blog


Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Happenings

Do you know how much fun it is being a mom during fun holidays like Halloween?! I love it.  Found a moment to treat myself and do my nails candy corn style.
For a couple of weeks prior to the big day, I like to pack Halloween themed printed paper napkins in their lunches, along with similarly themed stickers and the like.

We have fun making decorations.  All moms, I believe, love the dollar store for such projects.  My kids made faces on cute cutouts with supplied stickers for a buck! Money well spent.

I've been leaving love notes for my dear husband to find.
 And he has brought me flowers.  The afternoon he brought these home, I more than pleasantly surprised.  I had been eying the exact same autumn bouquets at the same grocery store that morning and thinking how much I wanted one.  I moved on because it wasn't on my list (not like it ever is) and Christmas is coming soon.  I thought maybe I should hint to Neal that I was interested in them but never got the chance because when he arrived home, he had the bouquet in hand!  Love that man!

Neal made pumpkin pancakes in advance for quick breakfasts leading up to Halloween.  Just pop those in the toaster, add chocolate chips for a face and they start the day with a jack-o-lantern.

Also, I saw this new this year online and then a friend did it for a recent activity for our church's women's group--deviled eggs with black olive spiders!  So I did it as a side to some sandwiches one night for dinner.
Also, I can't stop myself from buying pumpkins, especially the cute miniature ones.  I even got a warty, bumpy ornamental gourd for this fall.  Anyway, the kids takes showers but I made sure the got a baths with the miniature pumpkins bobbing around one night. Another night we turned the lights out for their baths and threw glow necklaces and bracelets in.

Neal and I managed to get a night when we were both freed up--amazing!  So we gutted the pumpkins and Sophie and Dad carved the face for her pumpkin.  This was the day Rhys came home sick so we let him nap through that evening and in the morning when he was doing much better he was ready to design his pumpkin, who, in his originality, named Jack.




This year is the first time I put their jack-o'-lanterns up high in their rooms and lit them for them to enjoy while nodding off to sleep.

Finally, the trick or treating came to an end! We ran into a few neighbors and friends and got to do a few streets with them.  It's always great to wish everyone a Happy Halloween and go home and explore the loot.
Ta-Dah!!!
 Hope you've had a Happy Halloween too! 

No comments: