Quote of the Blog


Thursday, June 19, 2014

School is Officially Out!

So two or three weeks ago I was thinking the kids are going to be home for summer soon and then I thought, OH MAN! THE KIDS ARE GOING TO BE HOME FOR THE SUMMER! I almost started to freak out but then I remembered that this same thing happened last year but I had a great time with my kids and then I set to filling up my calendar with activities that we could go do if we needed something to do.  Once the calendar was filled,  I was ready to focus on the joy of the situation.

I made life easy by copying what I did last year. Oatmeal (baked cocoa this time) with star sprinkles = special breakfast with signs on their chairs acknowledging their advancement to the next grade. Special labels and ribbon on the sack lunch and a welcome summer sign on the garage for their return home. 


Rhys and I were able to attend Sophie's End of School party where she received the Whopper Award for being a great storyteller.  Mrs. Lovell, her teacher lovingly noted that she and the class had many opportunities to listen as Sophie finished one of her long stories.  Mrs. Lovell also thanked three ladies that helped out in her class a lot during the year. I received a large bucket of "pop" themed junk food for "popping" into her class to teach Art to Go. 
Welcome Summer!

No comments: