Quote of the Blog


Wednesday, May 7, 2014

For Some Super Ladies

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has a wonderful organization of women, the Relief Society.  One vital part of the Relief Society is that women are assigned visiting teachers to which gives the women the opportunity to watch over, strengthen, and teach one another on an individual basis. A visiting teacher ministers by helping sisters know they are loved, helping them grow, and serving them in times of need. Through visiting teaching, the Relief Society president helps the bishop identify and resolve short-term and long-term needs of the sisters and their families. 

For instance, when I was receiving cancer treatment, my visiting teachers visited with me often to be sure I was emotionally okay and address my concerns. Our family received help as Relief Society sisters brought in meals and even cleaned my house when it became to much for my hard-working husband.  That is certainly not the only way they provided love and assistance during that time, but an example. It was a great blessing to be surrounded by support both spiritually and temporally.

To honor the women I visit teach for upcoming Mother's Day, I made something that would make them laugh, I hope.  Each of them has very different circumstances but this would be true of all of them.
 Just rolled them up and placed them into a fancied up, clean Pringles can with a fitting tag!
Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing women I know! You all add so much to my life.

No comments: