Quote of the Blog


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Can See It

What do all the words in this post title have in common?  They are all sight words. 

I found this great idea at Sprinkles to Kindergarten to help Sophie learn her sight words or "hot words" as she calls them.  It's a simple game of "Guess where the pom-pom is?" I thought it was wasteful have to use a cup for each word, especially as her list grows. And also, what if I wanted to use the same game for another skill?  So I used blank labels and covered them with clear packaging tape so I could use erasable white board markers to right on them again, and again, and again. 
You can put whatever you have on hand or interests your kid as the item to find. I used an old, holey sock to wipe off the words for the next game/round.
By the way, Sophie loved this!  She simply had to label the cup I was to lift for her.  She didn't even know she was practicing.  She just enjoyed the game!

No comments: