Quote of the Blog


Friday, April 24, 2009

What a Fantastic Baby Shower!

Last night, my friend, Toni, threw me a baby shower with the help of my friends, Carly and Kari. They did such a great job! About 12 guests showed up and were treated to an array of desserts--all yummy, of course! Some of my wonderful and thoughtful friends:
Angie, Kari, co-hostess, and Kim Karen who fought quite a bit of traffic to make the shower and is due to have her own baby girl in 3 weeks! Tiffany and Sara
Carly, co-hostess, and Toni, hostess

Then, although I despise shower games, Carly came up with a couple that were very well done and NOT stupid! Sara guessed the correct # of candies in a jar and Karen and Laurie were in a tie for figuring out the most baby items cleverly concealed in sealed paper bags. Thank you, Carly, for softening my heart in regards to shower games.

Then I had a great time opening adorable gifts for our soon expected boy, Rhys. Lots of well appreciated onesies, outfits, diapers, etc. Sara and Laurie were sweet to include gifts for soon-to-be-big-sister, Sophie, too. Susan, my mom-in-law, sent a package which included See's Candies suckers (in an interesting container - inside joke) which were shared with my terrific pals. Thanks to all for participating in the shower and blessing our lives. You have filled our hearts as well as Rhys' nursery!
Some of the loot!

1 comment:

karen said...

it was fun to see you & be able to talk to you & catch up. . cute baby shower too.