Quote of the Blog


Sunday, August 14, 2022

Mingling with Quilters

My quilting needs relationships with real people to continue to progress so I decided to support the local quilting guild by volunteering at their annual quilt show. It's a fairly sizable guild, I learned. I got to meet leaders and a few great everyday quilters like myself. I just did security during set up for a couple of shifts and saw how it all works. And it got me into the show for free. They even invited me to the sneak peak even though I wasn't a member because I helped as asked lots of good questions. Not a bad deal and I was happy to learn this is the next best step for me. Now just to time that around the increasing craziness of my kids lives and I may have something. Sooner or later it will happen.

I loved the vendors and learning all that was out their and why a quilter might choose one thing over another. I bought some fabric to practice free motion quilting on as my next one or two projects. I loved seeing the different styles and techniques used. Here are some of my favorites. That cheetah used foundation paper piecing--extremely tedious with amazing results which is why quilter tolerate it.





No comments: