Quote of the Blog


Thursday, December 23, 2021

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

 I finished my Christmas quilt just in time!

Mom gifted us each Christmas ornaments this year. She found me this banjo while in WA and the chicken while visiting TX. Neal got a beekeeper ornament. Sophie got a "How many days I have to be good" countdown ornament. Rhys got a trombone. I am only showing mine because I am selfish.

A Star Trek related ornament to honor a fan, my Uncle Rick.
Fun with Oma and Opa seeing the lights! One street had was so traffic jammed we parked got out and walked and really enjoyed it.


A special request by Rhys was to make gingerbread houses this year. I let them go solo for this activity and provided everything but he wall and roof and moral support. Wailing and gnashing of teeth. Finally they took a break to let the icing dry and the emotions calm. They turned out pretty good in the end. I don't know if they will request this again but just wanted to prove it's not always fun and games at the van der Upwich home. We experience real life, baby!


No comments: