Quote of the Blog


Saturday, September 25, 2021

The World Needs More Banjo

 So this happened.

I love the sound of the banjo. I have no musical talent. I want to combine these two ideas. Just hearing it make me happy so I can't lose. 

My Uncle Bill played in the Generic Band doing gigs in the local area and practicing in his garage. That is where I was introduced to the banjo. They were singing Rocky Top and I was watching his fingers fly and hearing that twang and I was in love.

A few years ago we visited The Banjo Museum in Oklahoma City and I thought it would be fun some day to have one. The thought never left my mind and when I saw a used banjo by a trusted brand in great condition available somewhere in North Carolina, I took a deep breath and jumped on it.

After two sessions with a bad teacher, I decided to learn over the internet for now and just have fun with it. The only thing is cats. Why can't they leave me alone.


No comments: