Quote of the Blog


Sunday, December 27, 2020

Christmas

 We did not attend the Christmas Tree Lighting, do the Rudolf Run, or participate in the Nativity Exhibit this year as Covid-19 hates Christmas. BUT, we did find ways to fee the Spirit and celebrate. 

While I was in Washington, my family put up our advent calendar and filled it "just for mom". My heart was filled with gratitude for their thoughtfulness. I received kind/humorous words ans well as sweet treats which, of course, I shared.


Here are more highlights:

Sophie and Neal forgo the step stool and use teamwork to install the mistletoe in the archway. Also, she is giant now.

Lady does a face plant

Making gingerbread houses


Winter themed Lego creations by Rhys


Photo Op

Time with Opa and Oma. Sophie successfully made candied sweet potato casserole-something she's been wanting to do since she learned how to in a class before Thanksgiving 2019. Rhys successfully played Jingle Bells on his trombone, which he's learned virtually and in home practice.



I made a family recipe for almond butter toffee passed on from Norma--who I came to find is my great grandaunt and that she owned and operated her own candy shop.


Norma Rees

We enjoyed Christmas concerts online and watched Christmas movies and drank hot cocoa and ate way too many sweets. Honestly, gift wrapping was complicated. The kids were often popping in and out between classes so I really had to work smart to not spoil their Christmas, as the dining room table served as my work station and we have an open floor plan.

Sophie and I wore Christmas pins that belonged to her great-grandmother, Ionne, to church. Ionne had an extensive collection. Kira has a couple too, and uses them ornaments to decorate her Christmas tree.

We decorated Neal's workspace for Christmas because we were kicking back and having fun and we didn't want him to feel left out.

So we had a good Christmas and life goes on. We were thankful for the phone visits with family and for them thinking of us. We love you!


No comments: