Quote of the Blog


Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A Gift for Mom

My dad is getting unclear news about his pancreatic cancer so they are getting tests run to confirm or dismiss what they think they are seeing. They've also been getting him diagnosed with diabetes and setting up treatment. We were not sure if mom would be able to make it out with all that so we were glad that two weeks before her flight she confirmed she was coming.

I had been really putting in a lot of time and effort to complete my second quilt ever which was intended for her and succeeded! She loved it! I chose the fabric because it was pretty, had insects as one print (her dad was an entomologist) and mums as flowers (mum = mom), and I hand appliqued for the first time one of her favorite motifs. It was so much fun to do for her and I love it too.


Sadly, I did not get a picture of my mom with the quilt or any pictures of my mom for that matter, as we were just having too much fun together. Dad received bad news while mom was with us that his cancer had indeed returned. They have some rough days ahead so they are in our prayers for sure. I don't think mom will travel to see us again for some time. If she does, it may be to stay. We shall see how it all plays out.

No comments: