Quote of the Blog


Thursday, June 13, 2019

Keri's Birthday

I celebrated living to my 45th year. Started the day with a run with my sweetheart and walked out to this!
Then, since Sophie was just out of the contagious stage for strep, Rhys and I left her to go do some good at the North Texas Food Bank. Sophie was not at all put out by this as she had uninterrupted reading time. Rhys and I bagged potatoes into 5 lb bags with a great group and made sure two elementary drop sights would get their order for the next day. Also, rotten, liquefied potatoes are worse than anything I touched being a mother thus far, and that is saying a lot.

During the afternoon, I did not know just how I was going to reach out when an opportunity opened up just a couple days before my birthday. I was able to prepare and bring a meal over to a nice family in our church who was moving that week to lighten their load and help them focus on getting the move finished.

The evening of my birthday, I got away for a girls night at Feed My Starving Children. We had fun talking and listening to music and being silly while packing meals for the hungry. It was the perfect way to end the day!
Thanks to all that reached out by phone, text, and social media to make me feel the love! You made my day!

No comments: