Quote of the Blog


Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Dad is our Hero!

As I enter my neighborhood with trunk full of groceries, I get a call from the Kid's phone.
Sophie: "Mom, Rhys--"
I am so sick of them bickering and not solving there own problems...
Me (stern voice): "Sophie, is there an emergency?"
Sophie: "Mom, Rhys is stuck. He's really stuck."
Me: "I'm pulling into the garage and I'll be right there."

He put his hand in a tight place to retrieve a Lego mini figure from the elliptical machine (why he was using our neglected exercise equipment as a play surface, who knows? Probably why our cat, Lady, uses my treadmill belt as a cat scratcher, who knows?) and got stuck. She was correct to describe it as "really stuck."

First I pulled which resulted in screaming. Yet I tried it twice more. Then I got a screwdriver to start to disassemble the machine to at least give him more room to wiggle but it started to strip the screws. All the while texting our situation to Neal. We decided Neal was needed at home so he took an early lunch and saved the day.









A thankful boy in the end.

No comments: