Quote of the Blog


Saturday, May 20, 2017

Mother's Day

The Friday night before Mother's Day was Father/Son's Camp Out a.k.a Priesthood Commemoration. Neal and Rhys headed out after school let out to get BBQ and set up camp which wasn't hard since they were sleeping in hammocks. They enjoyed playing with friends and discovered a tarantula which Rhys claims he touched before he figured out that it was a tarantula and not just dirt and forest debris. It was held by some boys. They had brownies and ice cream for dinner and slept uncomfortably through the night. French toast and breakfast burritos were served they packed up and instead of going taking a little father/son trip to swim in a local lake, Rhys said he was good and was ready for home.

Sophie and I shopped for duct tape so she could create more things from trash and made one of Sophie's favorites, taco soup, for dinner. We finally watched the 2nd Harry Potter movie after finishing the book some time ago. This while eating ice cream.  Saturday we took off for an 8 mile bike ride to 3 local parks and returned home to watch the movie all over again. We finished our fun by crating slime but it turned out to be a complete fail, leaving us with a rigid jello type substance.
Not gooey or slimy "slime"

Neal and I went on a date to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and had a great time.

On Mother's Day I enjoyed lemon poppy seed pancakes and gifts from my favorite people. Rhys gave me a word art collage of kind words describing me and built the word LOVE with Legos accompanied by a myriad of Lego mini figures to salute me. Sophie had her mecanical bird toys sing a song for me. They gave me a T-shirt that I bought for myself earlier in the week  :-)  and Neal was brilliant and got me a card and chocolate.Church was great with the bishopric providing the sisters with roses and a buffet of sweets. We watched Disney's Moana for the first time after church. Great day!


No comments: