Quote of the Blog


Sunday, November 22, 2015

Surgery and Camping

So very soon after the race, I had breast reconstruction surgery to make things look more normal after the reconstruction I had done back like 10 years ago or more. I'd show pictures but it would look like someone took a knife to my chest because, well...someone, qualified mind you, took a knife to my chest.

My amazing mom came out and took care of us for a week and then we played a bit the week after that before we had to send her home.  Had fun shopping, talking, and watching movies and such.

I am doing a lot on my own now put suprisingly, opening jars hurts my chest as does moving hanging clothes from one side to another.  Not surprising, is my new found passion of peeling disintegrated surgical glue from my chest--a picker's dream!

Meanwhile, Neal took the kids camping Friday night despite dropping temperatures. I do not join my family once it is cold.  I become too much like Laman and Lemuel in The Book of Mormon who are know for murmuring (complaining).  Neal packed well and even sent me a photo with a text, "Shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, gloves, and hats. The first thing they tell me is that they aren't even cold." Such a good daddy!

Still, Mohini and I were pretty content to be snug back at home!

No comments: