Quote of the Blog


Friday, March 21, 2014

Change

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we volunteer to serve in "callings." To be called of God is to receive an appointment or invitation from him or his duly authorized Church leaders to serve him in a particular way. That is a calling.

So, Keri had been serving in a leadership position as 1st Counselor in the Young Women's program (girls ages12-17) for the past 1 1/2 years.  But a few weeks ago she was "released" from that calling and called to work in a leadership position as 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society, or women's group of the church.

I will miss my girls but I have learned a lot from them and the experiences I had serving them.  I am looking forward to learning what God wants me to become in this next calling.  I always learn something!

1 comment:

karen said...

You'll be amazing at it !! Second counselor get to work with rs activity leader !ooking forward to hear what you ladies have come up w activities !