Quote of the Blog


Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Yuletide Illness

So Neal got sick with a cold again and then as he was starting to bounce back, Keri got it and didn't.  She had a very hoarse voice throughout the previous week of Christmas.  Trying not to spread the germs, Keri had a pretty strict hands-off policy between her and the rest of the family.  Sophie, taking note of this, made her mom a picture of a Christmas tree with big kissy lips, "so you can have a kiss anytime you want and not get us sick."  So it hung high on the refrigerator door where Keri would press her cheek against it to get a "kiss" occasionally when the kids were looking. 
We have still been having a bit of Christmas fun despite taking turns getting rest and letting the housework wait.  We've made goodies and delivered them to friends, gone cruising to look at Christmas lights, watched Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music, and completed gift wrapping.  Thanks to all that send their yuletide greetings our way.  We especially love to see pictures of your families and read your updated newsletters.
Today is Christmas Eve! Neal has to work until 3pm so the kids and I are rolling out gingerbread dough and making cutout cookies to frost later.  On this day, we love playing Christmas songs of a more sacred nature.  I love the way my heart gets filled up with hope, joy, and gratitude.  We are looking forward to seeing Oma and Opa tonight.

Sophie, being around other kids in kindergarten, has gotten her confidence in Santa a bit shaken.  She is asking if he is real.  I just ask back, "What do you think, Sophie?" She says she's not sure but is leaning towards real.  I told her that her presents from Dad and I were already under the tree.  She could read the tags if she wanted.  If there were more presents in the morning, they were from Santa.  That pretty much solved that concern.

I was telling Sophie that this cold I caught "really knocked me down."  Her reply at seeing my improving health was, "Yeah, but now your just 'knocked up' Mom!"  WOW! That is one Christmas gift I don't want!  I'll just take the better health, thanks.

We want to send our love to all our friends and family and anyone who is reading this post. Yes! You!  Merry Christmas!

No comments: