Quote of the Blog


Friday, December 7, 2012

Anderson Ornament Exchange


I love, love, love this yearly gathering!  I pick out my ornament over a month in advance, arrived with it wrapped in one hand, and treats to share in the other.  It's a great time to chat, poke fun, and eat naughty, delightful yummies. 

I came with a snowman ornament and left with 2 snowmen ornaments and a kiddy craft kit to make 10 pom pom snowmen!  Whoever the giver was, I appreciate your generosity!  I didn't get a close up look at the ornaments but picked it because of the kit.  With Neal flying to CA to see his mom, I wanted something I could entertain the kids with. 

Happily, upon closer observation, the ornaments are cute.  One is a snowman atop a windmill which spins and creates quite the lights show when its button is pushed.  The other is a rustic snowman that waves and kicks when you pull it's string.  Fun, animated, and crafty--a total win!

I won't mention all the goodies I've eaten but let it suffice to say that I NEED to run the half marathon on New Year's Eve!

1 comment:

Elsie Park said...

WHAT A FUN IDEA, and not full of the unhealthy calories that usually accompany a cookie exchange - LOL!