Quote of the Blog


Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's Official!

I finally got my contract and ID card and am now an official independently contracted Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) for Allen Independent School District for the 2012-2013 school year. 
Enjoyed a brief orientation with the other independent contractors and am looking forward to refreshing my knowledge and putting my skills to use.  I've already rummaged through the districts language tests and used our poor Sophie as a guinea pig (who, swimmingly, scored in the average to high average range).

The assessments that are available for me to do will come in waves but I hope it will be enough to, at least, pay for the professional dues and continuing education that it takes to remain an employable SLP.  If it pays for Rhys' preschool, that is icing on the cake.

1 comment: