Quote of the Blog


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Keri Runs 5K

This morning I ran my 2nd 5K (3.1 miles) and this time I timed myself.  I was publicly planning for a time between 34-35 minutes and secretly hoping for 33 minutes.  33 minutes is the time I get on my treadmill, indoors, with the fan blowing on me, and no hills.
Striking a muscle pose
After cheering my friends, the Goodes, in the 1 Mile Fun Run, I took off and did the best I thought I could do given the nice weather, allergies, and my stopwatch set.  I crossed the finish line in 30 minutes, 30 seconds according to the timing chip adhered to my shoe.  That's a 9 min., 50 sec. pace per mile.  I placed 292 out of 872 runners/walkers of all ages, both female and male.

I was ecstatic and happy to see the Goodes had stuck around to meet me at the finish line.  It really felt great.  Then I was off to meet up with Neal who had taken our rascals out for breakfast and play while I ran.  It was a great start to a great day.

No comments: